AdWords offers a financial lifeline for a lot of businesses, big and small. Finding helpful methods to manage PPC networks (i.e. AdWords and Adcenter primarily) are few and far between. Sure, there are numerous consultants out there a lot more than willing to cut into your profits, however the minimum contracts and fuzzy promises probably have kept you from taking the bait.
While you can find certainly many AdWords PPC “celebrities” available who may have oversaw PPC campaigns of either great size or number, I struggle to imagine someone who has poured the ceaseless everyday hours in the last 7 years because i have. Toiling over how to refine and optimize campaigns, ad groups, etc. to obtain a.5% improvement has become my well being since it directly correlated to the dimensions of my paycheck and success of our business. There hasn’t been a single person at Google and out Google that has successfully provided a suggestion or found a chink in my structure, yet there has been many who have said “wow- I never imagined of performing that before”.
So in terms of giving AdWords tips for individuals that contact me for ideas, 10 away from ten times I can claim that their problems stem from one of five issues.
1. Poor account structure – Structure doesn’t account for like products, demographics, network, or geography.
2. Mismanaged or under-managed bidding – Google AdWords can make it very easy for folks to have lulled into default bids, AdWords despite its efforts at automating needs active management.
3. Not enough ad testing for Ad text – Ad text optimization is really a tricky business. Furthermore successful ads become less successful over time, the criteria and binding the landing page is critical – much more so in the year 2011 than in the past as quality score is playing a huge part in a campaign’s profitability.
4. Poorly mined keywords – Keywords are definitely the currency which makes PPC work. AdWords provides great tools for learning about keywords, unfortunately, these are fragmented. Besides CTR, cost/conv., impressions, match type and clicks; there are elements including assists, search funnels, negatives, ROI, view-through conversions. These less understood elements are exactly what makes AdWords profitable and accounts need constant help to optimize.
5. AdWords not aligned with landing page – Not everyone is a graphics designer, me included, but there are basic approaches which everyone is able to take to enhance your conversions. Bear in mind a strong CTR x strong Website Landing Page = maximum conversions.
Getting conversions profitably isn’t quite as simple as Google leads you to believe, but in case you are diligent and actively manage your campaigns, considering the account structure, bidding, ad testing, keyword mining, and landing page optimization I will guarantee you may be on the road to recovery. AdWords guidance is only an email away.
PPC optimization is vital to sustain success using Google Adwords. Below we touch upon many techniques to optimize your campaigns for better profitability.
Understand Keyword Match Types
Although an elementary concept in Pay Per Click advertising, understanding keyword match types is important to reach your goals. Google fails keyword match types in three primary ways: Broad, [Exact], and “Phrase” match.
In The Search Engines search, an extensive match can often times be extremely broad. For example, to get a keyword phrase like “Kids military uniforms,” underneath the broad match setting, your ad may be triggered for searches like “childrens army suit” or “youth navy uniform.” Essentially, broad match is extremely broad, so make sure to really know what you’re entering into if you choose to leave your keywords as broad (without “quotes” for phrase match or [brackets] for exact match.)
Using exact keyword matching by all around the keyword phrase in brackets will ensure your ads are merely triggered when search engine users submit that exact phrase, surely nothing else. By utilizing exact xrnyuh matching, you are able to better minimize wasted impressions from broad searches and minimize budget-sucking click-throughs.
Because exact phrase match might forget to display your ads for searchers that you actual do want to capture, a fantastic option is applying modified broad matching. Modified broad is simply placing a ” ” symbol directly before each keyword (without space) that you want specifically mentioned in a user’s search query. The ” ” symbol ensures that this word, and only very close variations (such as plural and singular variations) are what trigger your ads. In case we bid on the keyword ” kids military uniforms” our ad is still displayed for search queries like “kid military uniform” or “kids military uniforms available for sale,” not “childrens navy uniform.”